Attention Sawdust in My Coffee readers – Minwax® is hosting a Scavenger Hunt through Twitter! Follow @Minwax on Twitter for a chance to win Minwax® products and swag. Each day beginning Monday, October 27th – Friday, October 31st @Minwax will tweet a question of the day. The answer can be found right here on the blog in one of my posts. Tweet your response to @Minwax with the hashtag #MinwaxHunt for a chance to win a daily prize. See below for the official rules and regulations.
Be sure to join in the fun; best of luck!
Thanks for stopping by,
The 2014 Minwax “Scavenger Hunt” Contest
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win. There is no Entry Fee.
A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Contest/Eligibility: The Minwax Scavenger Hunt Contest (the “Contest”) is a Twitter based contest that incorporates the “Sawdust in my Coffee” blog found at http://blog.minwax.com/ (the “Blog”). The Contest is open only to individuals that are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of jurisdiction, whichever is greater, at the time of entry. Employees of The Sherwin-Williams Company, Brushfire, Inc., and related companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by The Sherwin-Williams Company d/b/a The Minwax Company, 101 W. Prospect Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115 (“Sponsor”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules in a timely manner.
- Entry Period: The Contest begins on October 27, 2014 and ends on October 31, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). “Daily Contest Periods” begin on each day during the Contest at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on the same day. There will be separate drawings for eligible Entries submitted during each applicable Daily Contest Period. Entries received outside the applicable Daily Contest Period will not be eligible for the applicable drawing for such Daily Contest Period. Entries received outside of the Entry Period will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- Contest/Entry: Entry into the Contest requires a valid Twitter account. Entrants must follow Sponsor on Twitter at @Minwax. During each Daily Contest Period, Sponsor will tweet a Contest question for that Daily Contest Period only (each, as applicable, a “Daily Question”). The answer to each Daily Question can be found on the Blog (the “Sawdust in my Coffee” blog found at http://blog.minwax.com/). To enter the Contest for an applicable Daily Contest Period, entrants must submit the correct answer to the applicable Daily Question to Sponsor via Twitter (@Minwax) using the hashtag #MinwaxHunt (an “Entry”). Sponsor may tweet additional clues to the Daily Question during the applicable Daily Contest Period. There is no cost charged by Sponsor to register or enter. Only complete and correct Entries will be accepted for each Daily Contest Period. Only one (1) entry per person/Twitter account is permitted for each Daily Contest Period. Entries will NOT rollover to a subsequent Daily Contest Period (for example, an Entry submitted during the first Daily Contest Period will not be eligible for the second Daily Contest Period). Once submitted, an Entry cannot be modified, deleted or returned. Proof of online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. An Entry must not contain any material that would infringe upon third-party rights or include any offensive or inappropriate material. Non-conforming Entries are void and will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents will void all Entries by that entrant.
If you opt to access Twitter via your wireless mobile device, data rates or other charges may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. You should contact your wireless carrier for more information. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas.
- Drawing/Odds: A total of five (5) prize winners (one for each Daily Contest Period) will be selected at random from among all eligible Entries containing the correct answer to the applicable Daily Question received for each respective Daily Contest Period. The drawing dates will be on or about the day following the applicable Daily Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of correct eligible Entries received during each applicable Daily Contest Period.
- Notification/ Requirements of Winners: Potential prize winners will be notified by Twitter private message to the Twitter account that submitted the potential winning Entry. A potential winner must respond to such notification to be deemed contacted. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) business days after the first attempt to make contact, that potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Sponsor may select an alternate, potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining correct eligible Entries received during the applicable Daily Contest Period. Only two (2) alternate entrants in a random drawing will be contacted.
Except where prohibited by law, a potential winner, once contacted, may be required to complete and return (i) an affidavit of eligibility, (ii) a liability/publicity release, and (iii) any other releases and waivers requested by the Sponsor (collectively, the “Contest Documents”), within three (3) business days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Contest Documents within the required time period, such potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, the Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received during the applicable Daily Contest Period. Only two (2) alternate entrants in a random drawing will be contacted.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Monetary values are expressed herein as U.S. dollars (“USD”). A total of five (5) prizes will be awarded throughout the Contest (one (1) prize per Daily Contest Period). Winners will receive either (i) Minwax products or (ii) a folding chair, blanket and cooler (ARV for each prize option: $75 USD) Sponsor has final approval of all prize options and awards, in its sole discretion. The total ARV of all prizes for the Contest is $375 USD. All applicable taxes associated with a prize are solely the winner’s responsibility. The Sponsor is not responsible for any other costs, expenses, or fees arising from a prize or the Contest. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent is permitted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion.
- Publicity/License: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence (collectively, the “Attributes”) for promotional purposes in any media in perpetuity without further payment, consideration, permission, or approval and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the CONTEST may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or (b) cancel the Contest and award the prizes at random from among the correct eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor, or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an Entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to submit an Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person in whose name the email address in connection with the account has been issued.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and Twitter and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; (e) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; (f) inability to access the Blog, Twitter, and/or to receive or send messages through Twitter; (g) transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or (h) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize or Sponsor’s use of submitted Entry materials and Attributes, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, right of publicity, defamation, libel or further consideration. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Ohio. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
- Contest Results: To receive a list of the winners’ names, which will be available after December 1, 2014, please send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Minwax Company, Attn: Minwax Scavenger Hunt Contest, 10 Mountainview Rd, Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458. All requests must be received by January 1, 2015.